Chicken tonight! My chicken thigh with bok choy that is low in cholesterol. Those healthy greens should boost up my health. It contains so much nutrients that packs a punch to boost my immune system. Study also showed for women that it may improve survival from breast cancer.
Doesn’t do much for my cholesterol hey, if it helps me in other ways, I will eat it. Had to be mix with something though. Can’t eat that raw.
Sometimes it’s hard to think of what to put into a dish. So I just have a look at what I have in my pantry. Whatever old ingredients I have, I will use that as one of the ingredients.
My Okonomiyaki sauce is kind of getting old and it might expire soon. Hence I’m going to be using most of it in my upcoming recipes.
- 500 grams of chicken thigh
- 2 bunches of bok choy
- 2 tablespoon of okonomiyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Red Boat fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 chili
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 pinch of salt
- Wash onion, garlic, chili and bok choy.
- Cube onions and garlic in small pieces and put it in a small bowl.
- Slice the 2 chili in little pieces and put in a separate bowl.
- Half the bok choy, cut the stalk and put it in a separate bowl from the leaf.
- Cut the meat in 4 parts then slice each part by 1 cm thick.
- Mix the okonomiyaki sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar in a separate bowl.
- Heat up the pan, add the oil, wait for the oil to smoke a little. Keep it on high.
- Add the bowl of onion and garlic into the pan. Sautee for 1 minute.
- Add the 500 grams of chicken thigh and give it color.
- Once it’s browned, add the sauce into the pan, stir.
- Include the stalk of bok choy.
- Add 2 pinch of salt once the sauce has been reduced. Add the chili and stir. Taste, add more if it needs more salt. If it’s too chili, next time you make it with only one. If it needs more bite, add more chili until you are content.
- Add the bok choy’s leaf into the pan.
- Cover it for 1 minute.
- Uncover and mix them altogether making sure the leaves gets covered in with that sauce.
- Serve with rice.
Add a fresh squeeze of lemon and some coriander on top if preferred. Serve with rice.